These truffles I made have been a huge hit at some of my essential oils classes.
Several people asked me to share the recipe. Here it is:
Peppermint Essential Oil Truffles
Yield: About 36
1- package of Oreo cookies (original NOT Doublestuff - can use off brand cookies as well), divided
1- 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
5-8 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil (only use certified pure essential oil approved for ingesting)
1 -16 oz vanilla almond bark or candy melts
• Set a long sheet of wax paper over a cookie sheet, set aside.
• Place all but 3 Oreos in a food processor (entire cookie, don't remove cream filling) and pulse until finely crushed (alternately, if you don't own a food processor, you can place Oreos in a large Ziploc bag, seal bag and crush with a rolling pin until finely crushed).
• Pour crushed Oreos into a mixing bowl along with cream cheese and Peppermint essential oil. Using the back of a spoon, stir mixture while pressing it along the bottom of the bowl, until well combined and evenly moistened. Scoop mixture out and form into 1 inch balls (if you happen to have a kitchen scale, they should be about 16 grams - I didn't weigh but used a cookie scoop to get the right size then rolled it into a perfect ball).
• Align on prepared cookie sheet. Place truffles in freezer for 10 minutes or longer. Meanwhile, crush remaining 3 Oreos.
• Melt almond bark according to directions on package. Remove truffles from freezer and dip in melted chocolate and evenly coat then allow excess chocolate to run off. Return to baking sheet and immediately sprinkle tops with remaining crushed Oreos. Allow chocolate to set. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
Need to order Peppermint essential oil or any other essential oils?
Contact Us to find out how to save 25% off on your order.
Recipe by Christine Russell, RN
Recipe Source: Taken and adapted from http://www.cookingclassy.com/2012/12/oreo-truffles-two-ways/